Is never too late to think ahead
Based on a statistics made by University of North Carolina ( Charlotte’s Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology) over 60% of sentenced criminals agreed that homes with increased security forced them to make up their mind to target different homes.
10 facts about burglary everyone should know:
1) Burglars tend to avoid homes with increased security ( Alarms, CCTV, Security doors and windows)
2) Majority of the breaking-ins happens between 10am -3pm
3) Criminals can burglarize a home in less than 10 minutes ( some wooden or PVC doors can be kicked in or break throw within a second)
4) Most of the breaking-ins are committed by local burglars (within 2 miles)
5) Unlocked doors and windows makes an easy entrance for 30% of burglars
6) 83% of burglaries happen through the front door
7) Master bedroom – place where burglars go first
8) Top six items stolen during home burglaries:
• Illegal drugs
• Prescription drugs
• Clothing and shoes
9) 3 out of 10 burglaries made while someone is at home
10) Less then 15% of burglaries in 2016 resulted in arrests.